Saturday, December 6, 2014

Glitter poop? Really?

Please don't take glitter pills to help you poop rainbows

So I got this questions that I thought was invented, but really, there are people out there that think this way. So, having been asked, my answer was in this online article:

This one just shows how far some people will go. Other than the fact that the product website itself declares the product should not be eaten, one must remember that “non-toxic” and “edible” are not synonymous. The plastic wrap that encloses your lunchtime sandwich is non-toxic, but your unwrap the food before eating it. While there is food grade glitter, nominally made from starch and food-certified colors, this product, and other like it, likely has tiny plastic shards coated with glitter paint. Not toxic, per se, but certainly not edible. Look, you can kiss under the mistletoe, but don’t take a bite of it. Enjoy glitter’s look, don’t look for it’s taste!