Friday, July 18, 2014

Death toll for cholesterol drug?


This past week, the medical work was shaken by the news that a drug used for cholesterol therapy for many years does not appear to be beneficial, and may, in fact, have worrisome side effects.  The Medpagetoday website asked me to comment on this, and included my comments as part of their overview article:

HPS2-THRIVE: Game (Mostly) Over for Niacin


In fact, I had given more of my personal perspective on this than printed on that website.  The Mercy Hospital website ran more of my thoughts on this topic as a news article:

Primary Care Doctor Marc Leavey Discusses Efficacy of Niacin on Cholesterol Levels

And then, a few days later, the MedPageToday website printed another story called:


where they included my quote again!

No comments:

Post a Comment